Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's

As an American of primarily Irish descent, it is apparently my sacred duty to celebrate the exodus of my ancestors from the Emerald Isle with drunken abandon. However, because of my lack of funds, i will be joining two of my also poor friends in an act of solidarity: spending 5 dollars each on malt liquor and getting drunk in the privacy of my friend's apartment. But to be Irish, we will be drinking a beverage with a psuedo-Irish name: Mickey's. So wherever you are, gentle reader, if you have a beverage, hoist it high on this celebration of America's ability to bastardize a culture and turn it into a drunken party. Who was St. Patrick? Who the fuck cares, let's get bombed!

So I'll go ahead and leave my favorite Dropkick Murphys song, because goddamn if I don't know a single Irish artist who's not Thin Lizzy or the Pogues. Or U2, but let's face it, fuck U2.



Oh yeah, I've been busy with a renewed job hunt and the possibility of being out of town for a few days this weekend, so the new designs won't likely go through until next week.

10 comments: