Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Oh Shit

So, I was sitting at home this evening, after eating a dinner of delicious steak sandwiches, complete with grilled onions, mushrooms, and pepper jack cheese, minding my own business while looking through job postings, when something happened.  I was listening to a combination of Modest Mouse and Listener, basically just dropping pages into bookmark folders for future reference (ie, Thursday and Friday) depending on the deadline for applications when I saw it.  IT.  The single job I have been waiting for the past three years.  The one job that requires a minimal amount of experience but is still the springboard into what I would like to do.  That potentially freeing job where I could sit at a desk in a tie all day, writing, and like it.

It's an entry-level writing job for a copywriting position at a good-sized company that makes backpacks and bags and the like (jansport).  The web-posting for the job even says that it requires a minimal amount of experience because, like I said, it's entry level.  Which is perfect.  It's an opportunity that I've been waiting for.  As far as I've noticed, Copywriting is a hard gig to break into.  Every position I've seen open requires at least three years of experience: I've applied for some of those, but never heard back, due to aforementioned experience requirements I suspect.

So, I've gotta give this shit my all.  My total commitment to getting this fucking job.  If I try and fail, so be it, but if I don't at least try my hardest, I'll never be certain what was going to happen.  Time to go to work.  Tomorrow's my fucking day after three years of toil and uncertainty, three years of heartbreak and sadness, and three years of a clouded mind and fear; like Sisyphus I have been trapped in Tartarus, repeating the same mistakes over and over again, but tomorrow my friends, tomorrow I cast the boulder from highest point of my mountain prison and stride through the river towards my destiny.  May the gods grant mercy to those who try to stand in my way, because I will not.


Edit: The job isn't for jansport.  I applied for a job at jansport for a simple administrative assistant position, and got it confused.  This company is Land's End, which does clothing and the like.  Still though, sweet position

3 comments:

  1. Good luck man, seriously. Give it everything you've got and I'm sure it'll go great. When that one opportunity you've been waiting for comes along at last, it's usually a good sign that this time it is yours to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good frickin' luck my partner. Internet first bump.
    Good times await you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you! Keep us updated. I wish my dream job (or a way into my dream job) had some openings...

    ReplyDelete