Sunday, June 12, 2011

Seth Putnam is dead

And it's not that surprising.  Still tragic, seeing has he was only 43.  For those of you who don't know, Seth Putnam was the vocalist for the Grindcore band Anal Cunt.  I'm not a huge Anal Cunt fan.  I don't like their brand of grindcore.  I do like me some grindcore.  But I go ahead and look at the silver lining of Anal Cunt.  Anal Cunt gave rise to a thriving grindcore scene in New England, and for a period of time had one of the greatest musicians in American metal as a member, Scott Hull of Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Pig Destroyer.  I like good grindcore, and Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Pig Destroyer are among the best in my opinion (along with Swedish titans of grindcore Nasum).  Grindcore is a genre of music that is not for everyone.  Definitely not for everyone.  But, I pour one out for Seth Putnam.  He's in the devil's hands now.

But, that's that.  Feeling kinda of weird today.  Brother's graduation party.  My ties to this town are rapidly declining.  It's an introspective kind of feeling.  And I ran into another classmate of mine from high school who is doing better than I am.  But I don't give no fuck about that.  Just feeling, "thinky" in nature.

6 comments:

  1. There is actually a band called "Anal Cunt"
    Learn something new every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fine name that. I just rolls off the tongue with the greatest of ease lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.I.P. Seth.
    Hope your 'thinky' mood produces some results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANAL CUNT great name for a band but i like ALESTORM better

    ReplyDelete