Thursday, June 9, 2011

Album of the Year

Is it a premature boast? Of course. We're only half-way through Twenty-Eleven, but goddamn, this album may very well be the Album of the Year for me. I've been listening to it on my ipod damn near non-stop for the past day and a half.  It's amazing.

I was a little late to the game, only finding Fucked Up in 2008 with their second full-length album The Chemistry of Common Life.  Also an amazing record.  But David Comes to Life tops it.  Words barely allow me to explain it's majesty, so I'll allow my favorite track off of the album to try and do it justice.




Pretty fucking awesome, right?  That's what I've been listening to.  Plus, they've got a bald, hairy, fat guy as a lead singer, so I empathize with that, being a bald, hairy, fat guy myself.  It's a rock opera.  A crazy rock opera.  About some dude name David.  And some shit happens.  Listen, you can sit here and read me talking about how awesome it is, you can listen to this one track and like, but you need to listen to it.  Go, right now.  Stop reading, close my blog, and get it.  I don't even care how.  Just go LISTEN TO THIS FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

6 comments:

  1. Yeah awesome is the word. Ok Im off to the shops lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the screaming too much but I like the music. Whenever I see someone suggest an album I look for it on Pitchfork and they named it Best New Music. That bodes well for me, so I might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he that is simply awesome, FUCKED UP. Nut yeah im with Elliot Macleod, i need more harmony un my vocals

    ReplyDelete