Saturday, June 11, 2011

Check yourself, Before you Wreck yourself (An Introspection)

So, I went to my youngest brother's high school graduation ceremony today.  It was weird, because I realized I had not set foot in that high school since my other brother graduated.  And I recognized people I had graduated with.  Including this really hot girl.  Who just randomly started talking to me.  And I recognized her, and knew her, but I hadn't talked to her in seven years.  And once again, I felt kind of like a loser.  Living at home, no job, fuck you guys know what I've been saying the entire time.  But while talking to her, I had a moment of clarity.  She doesn't give a fuck.  I don't give a fuck.  So I'm 25 and live at home still, who the fuck cares?  It really not anyone's business, and I don't care about their opinions.  I don't want to live my life the way everyone else does.  I don't want to get some job and toil just because cash rules everything around me.  I want to be challenged, and inspired. I want my life the way I want to, not the way society dictates I should.  And if I have to settle, I'm still doing it the way I want to.  Without giving a fuck.

So, I'm drinking a couple of beers before I head off to a party (lol).  My brother's party is tomorrow, so I'm going to play the part of cool brother all afternoon before I drop in on this girl I know and take a trip to poundtown.  Poundtown is the greatest place in the world.  And here's some music


2 comments:

  1. Thats a cracking story. Your right, its your life and your decision to not live the way society dictates is not easy. We only live once so make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to your party, and live your life. Just live your life the way you want.

    ReplyDelete